AI applications and technologies are now an integral part of our daily lives. They are also making their way into education, with, for example, the automatic translation of texts, dialogue with an educational chatbot or the automatic recommendation of educational resources. The aim of this course is to help teachers and the educational community as a whole to acquire a general understanding of AI – its uses, technologies and limitations – and to support them in making informed use of AI-based tools in the context of education.
More concretely, this course has been designed to help participants form their own opinions on the following questions:
- What is AI used for in the context of education?
- What type of AI for what purpose?
- What are the benefits and challenges?
- How can AI-based resources be used?
- What impact can we expect in teaching and learning practices?
The content was developed with the five education ministries involved in the European Erasmus+ AI4T project (France, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg and Slovenia), in particular the MENJ (Digital Education Directorate).