Empowering teachers in the age of AI
At our upcoming conference, we offer a dynamic lineup of workshops that explore the intersection of education and AI. With these workshops, we aim to provide a comprehensive understanding of AI’s influence on education from various perspectives.
Short descriptions will be available shortly.
Welcome to join us!
DAY 1: Thursday, 18 January
Workshop slot 16:00 until 17:30
Moderator: Colin de la Higuera
- Robert Reuter, Assistant professor in Educational Psychology – University of Luxembourg
- Deirdre Butler, Professor at the Institute of Education – School of STEM Education, Innovation & Global Studies – DCU
- Pietro Perconti, Professor at the »Dipartimento di Scienze cognitive, psicologiche, pedagogiche e degli studi culturali« – Universita degli studi di Messina
The panel discussion aims at attempting to answer some of the more complex -and usually undealt with questions:
- What are the costs incurred with the challenges of AI in Education?
- If we decide to teach AI, what background are the teachers going to have?
- And, if generative AI can provide an alternative to knowledge acquisition, will it not just make education less democratic by only making necessary the higher hanging fruit?
AI4T and crossed discussion with other projects
How are practices and skills changing at school for teachers and students?
Moderators: Daniela Hau and Bastien Masse
Workshop on pedagogical tools and skills being developed with the arrival of AI in the classroom
EU Digital Education HUB
Jessica Niewint Gori, Madhumalti Sharma, Lidija Kralj, Petra Bevek
Day 2: Friday, 19 January
Workshop slot 14:30 until 16:30
Participating teachers in the AI4T professional training pathway
Testimonies and feedback on activities, initiatives and teaching content tried out during the project.
Role playing – students, teacher, policy maker, company